BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, Jan 30 (Borneo Bulletin/ANN): For the past few days, the number of individuals contracting Covid-19 in the Sultanate has been rising, igniting a growing concern in the public, said Minister of Health Dato Seri Setia Dr Mohd Isham Jaafar at a press conference in the capital.
The increasing figure was mostly private residence cases, with only a few from workplaces or dormitories, said the minister.
On the other hand, he added, there is no need to panic, as most of the Covid-19 positive cases have been in Category 1 and 2, with mild symptoms. Only one case is a Category 4, who has yet to be vaccinated.
On this note, Dr Mohd Isham advised those who have not received the vaccine to do so.
For those who have already received two doses of the vaccine, the minister said they should consider getting the booster shot
Meawnhile, Brunei reported 52 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday, bringing the total tally to 16,345.
According to Brunei’s Ministry of Health, the newly recorded cases included 47 local infections and five imported cases.
As of Friday, 94.8 percent of Brunei’s population had received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccines, while 93.9 percent had completed their vaccination schedule of two doses and 39.3 percent had received three doses.
A total of 366 active cases are still being treated and monitored in Brunei and 102 patients have passed away so far in the country. – Xinhua