Express Bus Passengers Urged to Come Forward after One is Covid-19 Positive

COVID-19 | Passengers of two express buses which travelled from KLIA2 to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) and from TBS to Kuantan, Pahang on Sept 18 and 19 respectively are urged to contact the Kuantan Health Department, after a passenger tested positive for Covid-19.

The passenger had reportedly travelled from Sabah, where more than 100 Covid-19 infections were detected yesterday.

The KLIA2 to TBS bus was operated by JetBus (trip number TBS 13) which departed the airport at 11.30pm on Sept 18 and arrived at the bus station at 12.30am.

The TBS to Kuantan bus was operated by Rhinoairiel Express (trip number 292) which departed the bus station at 2am on Sept 19 and arrived in Kuantan at 7.30am.

The announcement was made on the Kuantan Health Department’s Facebook page yesterday.

Those affected are urged to contact the department at 09-565 9213 or 019-399 4832.

This case in Kuantan is among the growing number of infections in Peninsular Malaysia involving those who travelled to Sabah.

Malaysiakini understands that this patient had travelled to Semporna, Sabah from Aug 28 to Sept 18 for work and boarded a public bus from Semporna to Tawau Airport on Sept 18.

He boarded AirAsia’s Flight AK 5747 that day and arrived at KLIA2 at 10.15pm.

On Sept 19, the patient travelled to Seremban, Negeri Sembilan to visit his daughter at Kolej Tuanku Kurshiah boarding school and visited Aeon shopping centre in Nilai.

He also sent his two other children to school at a primary and secondary school in Kuantan on Sept 21 to 23.

He was tested on Sept 23, when he took his child to Tuanku Ampuan Afzan Hospital for treatment over a cough.

‘Virus already in the community’

Earlier, United Overseas Bank in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur confirmed its employee had tested positive for Covid-19 after several days in Semporna.

Yesterday, 74 cases were detected in the Bangau-Bangau cluster, involving residents of Kampung Bangau-Bangau in Semporna.

This brings the total number of cases in this cluster to 134 out of the 180 people tested. Nine are still pending their test results.

The cluster was first detected on Sept 22 when a patient was screened before being admitted to Semporna Hospital.

“The virus is already in the community and villages,” Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.