KUCHING (July 26): Control of inter-district movements, reducing the number of flights and shortening business hours are among the strategies being refined by Sarawak’s State Disaster Management Committee (JPBN) in addressing the spike in Covid-19 cases in the state.

JPBN in a statement today said so far it had been made compulsory for all Malaysians coming from Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Labuan to undergo hotel quarantine, effective from Aug 1 to Aug 14.

“Samples will be taken on the second day [of quarantine] and if the Covid-19 PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test comes back negative, they will be allowed to go home,” it said.

The Ministry of Health (MoH) will also enhance the implementation of active case detection (ACD) in the Kota Sentosa area, where an active cluster had been identified, JPBN said, adding that more strategies will be announced later.

Meanwhile, the committee also reported a Covid-19-related death today, involving a 63-year-old local woman.

A new Covid-19 positive case was also recorded, bringing the state’s tally to 650 cases.

Source: https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/sarawaks-disaster-management-committee-refining-strategies-address-covid19-spike