KUCHING: Sarawak reported three new Covid-19 cases on Tuesday (June 16), bringing the number of confirmed cases in the state to 560.
The state disaster management committee said all three cases were family members in Bintulu who were detected through contact tracing and screening after a student tested positive on Sunday (June 14).
The student, studying at a tertiary institution in Mukah, had returned home to Bintulu in March.
Her positive test came following the committee’s directive on May 25 to screen tertiary students who had gone back to their hometowns.
Initial investigations found that several relatives had visited her during Hari Raya last month.
The committee also said there were no new recoveries on Tuesday, with nine cases still being treated in hospital.
The number of recoveries remains at 534 or 95.36% of the cases to date.
Meanwhile, the committee said it had accepted the standard operating procedure (SOP) for hair salons and beauty salons from the state Local Government and Housing Ministry.
The SOP, which comes into effect on Wednesday (June 17), can be downloaded from the ministry’s website at mlgh.sarawak.gov.my.